Monday, February 9, 2009

The joys of Monday

I highly doubt that this blog will be nearly as deep as my last post, but oh well.

These last couple of weeks have probably been the dullest of my life. Nicole was in America, and I never realized how much I depend on her until she left for fifteen days. However, she's back now and I couldn't be happier! :)

Last week there was tons of beautiful SNOW all over the country. I played in it a bit on Thursday, and by play I mean I took some pictures in my cute snow clothes and made a snow angel and that was it. I love snow, but the cold that goes along with it isn't really my cup of tea. 

Nothing new to report from work, I've just been doing the same old. However, I think after February half-term I'm going to get a girls group started in partnership with my church in Great Ayton. There won't be that many of them and they'll be Year 6-8. But, I couldn't be more excited. I love working with younger ages, and I can't wait to build relationships with some of these girls. 

People ask me more frequently when I'm coming home and every time I tell them June 26 I can't believe how soon it really is. I mean really it's only like 4 and a half more months, and I'm not working for 6 of those weeks. My time with Youth for Christ is drawing to a close, and I'm really torn about it.

On one hand I absolutely love what I get to do day in and out. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing without the amazing kids that I'm blessed to work with. They're why I get up every day and go in to work. I've had a lot of challenges facing my job this year and I cannot wait to leave those behind, but I'm going to miss my kids so much. Through them I know that this year out was what I was meant to do this year. 

On the other hand I cannot wait to come home. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my family, turn 19, go to Disney World, and prepare to go off to Fayetteville, Arkansas next year. I am so ready to start pursuing my degree in Early Childhood Education. I have missed learning so much this year. I guess I never realized how much I actually did enjoy school till I wasn't going anymore. Every day that I get closer to going back to school the more excited I get.

I guess what I just need these last 4 and a half months in England is to finish strong. Some days are much harder than others, but I just need the motivation to finish what I've started.

Happy Monday everyone!

Love,
Kelsey

No comments: