Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Exciting things in Tees Valley!

So, I figured that I owed everyone a more meaningful blog. I mean my last one basically just gave you a run down of my busy schedule for the next few weeks. Boring? A little bit. 

Nicole and I had coffee earlier today with a lady called Amy Burns. She runs the girls ministry for Tees Valley YFC, the girls ministry project is called G:em (Girls empowered). In June G:em is having an event called "Sugar and Spice". It's going to be a day filled with workshops that will discuss what girls are made of. I know you've all heard of the rhyme "Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of". Well, that's kind of what the day will revolve around. In the morning we'll have the "sweet" workshops which will consist of cheerleading, baking, and girly stuff like that. The afternoon workshops focus on the "spice" and the girls can try salsa dancing, photography, and maybe some tech stuff. Since Nicole and I kind of lack expertise in any of those workshops we're just going to be around to encourage the girls and help wherever we're needed. I am truly so excited about this event! As I've said before girls ministry is one of my passions, and I've kind of been struggling with getting it kicked off in my area of Stokesley/Great Ayton. I mean I love investing in my girls whenever possible, but right now they're just all so busy revising for exams. So, I am looking forward to being a part of a girls outreach event like this! 

I don't think I'm called to me a girl's minister or anything like that, but I think I am meant to do something in terms of working with girls. I just have such a heart for girls and what they're going through on a daily basis. I was so blessed with strong Godly women that mentored me and invested so much of their time into me. I really can't even begin to name all of the women who have made an impact on my life. 

Haha, I got a little deep there. But oh well!

Love,
Kelsey

No comments: