Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm a horrible blogger

I'm sorry that my blog posts keep getting scarcer and scarcer, I just never remember to do this or when I do remember I have little to say.

To be honest I don't have a lot to say now, but I decided to blog mostly due to my mother's recent nagging. 

Life has suddenly gotten very cold in England. On the plus side though it's Christmas time and this season should be cold so I'm thinking the glass is half full. 

I just typed that and I realized that for the past few days the I've viewed the glass as half empty and not half full. I've just been in a funk lately I think it has hit Nicole and I both. I'm almost certain it came on because I've been envious of everyone that got to go home for Thanksgiving break. I knew that I wouldn't get to, but it's just a hard holiday to miss. 

I expected Thanksgiving day to be really depressing, my boss even gave me the day off. However, it turned out to be a great day. I realized that this year Nicole is my family and I am so thankful for her, I really don't know what I would do without her. So, even though we were a little bummed we made the most out of it. We even started a Thanksgiving tradition! :)

Neil left for India yesterday for about two weeks. So, I've been left to hold down the fort in Stokesley on my own. I'm really excited though, I need to do this on my own for a bit. I think sometimes I hide behind Neil and become a wallflower which is so lame. I mean sure I'm shy when I first meet people sometimes but in reality being shy is not part of my personality at all. I consider myself to be an extrovert and a pretty bold person at that. So, I'm glad I'm going to get a chance to be really bold over these next couple of weeks. 

I think being in England for the past three or so months has started to make me a much more optimistic person, which I'm so happy about. I mean of course I have my cynical and pessimistic moments but they're becoming much more irregular. England gives me hope that I can do anything with God on my side, I just need to put all of my faith and trust in him. I sometimes have trouble relinquishing control, but it's something I'm constantly working on. 

Today Nicole came up with the idea that since there are 31 days in December and 31 Proverbs in the Bible we're going to read one each day. She was saying she learned at work crew for Younglife that Proverbs has all the wisdom you will ever need. So, why wouldn't you read all of them and familiarize yourself? From now on we're going to read a chapter from Proverbs every single day, starting with today December 1. I'm really excited about that.

That's all really :)

Love,
Kelsey

No comments: