Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jet lag isn't fun.....

So, it's 10:09 pm Dallas time....which would make it 4:09 am England time. Haha, I'm not doing too well with this whole time adjustment thing.

I FINALLY got into England at around 11:30 am yesterday and I arrived in Yarm at around 3 pm. Let me be the first to say getting here can take quite the toll on you. I flew from Dallas to Amsterdam which is an 8 and a half hour flight, and then from Amsterdam to Manchester which takes about an hour and a half and then took a train from Manchester to Yarm which is a 2 and a half hour journey. So, to say it takes a little while to get here is an understatement! Haha.

I'm staying with a very sweet and godly lady named Fiona right now.....she's kind of my mom in the UK. On the 28th I'll go to training for a couple of weeks and on September 7th I'll move into my new home in Middlesbrough!

I should probably try to get some more sleep.....

But, please pray for Nicole as she tries to make her way over here!

Over and out,
Kelsey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am really proud of you Kelsey and I know that God is going to use you in BIG ways...keep us posted!

Dog Tired said...

Yea for making it to Middlesbrough! We know it wasn't easy! We love you and know you are going to make TONS of friends at your training.

Don't forget to get a picture of Robin Hood when you get to Nottingham. And, anything with the BBC Robin Hood on it would be just lovely.

Sandra Edwards said...

Kelseyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I hope the jet lag is better by now. You are going to have an amazing time over there. So many people who's lives you will affect. They are going to love you.
I loved you family's pictures! They are all so cute and fun. No wonder your so sweet!
Ben Shaw (from there)just left here after staying with us for a few days. Do you know him from other trips to England? Tell him Hi! if you see him.
Have a great first few days! We miss you and love you.
Sandra E.

Dena said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you started a blog! I'm linking you to mine so I can keep up with all the ins and outs of "Kelsey Takes On England"! Your trip sounded ... well ... long. Glad you made it safe. Can't wait to read more!